Friday, February 19, 2010

Finding my Rhythm...

Well. After 14-ish days snowed in with the girls... they returned to school yesterday. And after taking care of missed business yesterday, I finally feel like I am getting back on schedule today.

Yesterday, Stacie loaned me her book - THE HAPPINESS PROJECT by Gretchen Rubin and after reading 1 and 1/2 chapters I was compelled to start clearing out some clutter in my life. I will admit, since the start of 2010, i have been feeling a little (ok, very) disorganized and have been wanting to clear out my life. I did do my closet a few weeks ago and my studio has been cleaned numerous times (ending up in a mess every time I work in here)...

But reading the book reminded me to start clearing out clutter in my mind. The things that constantly nag me... like ordering my kid's contacts, or making a car brake appt. Things that can wait, but are constantly poking at my brain.

So as soon as the girls took off for school (2hrs late - snow delay...) I started on my clutter clearing. I made my to-do list and started checking things off one at a time. Did a heap of bills all at once... mailed back all my online purchase returns (which I almost never do because of the hassle... & end up losing $$ to balance), wrapped bday gifts, send out long-over-due email replies, cleared out some old food in fridge (while waiting for my lunch to heat up in the microwave), sent away the stack of cards my friends and I made for donation to US Troops...

and more!

so then I decided to treat myself a little. Last week I strived to do a challenge for MY ARTISTIC LIFE (http://myartisticlife.typepad.com/my_artistic_life/) and was sorely behind.

I did finally end up making my Twinchies, but never entered them for the challenge contest. So today, I got to this week's challenge - which was to take your make twinchies (mini works of art 2"x2") into a display of some sort.
I decided to make bookmarks... I'm really new at this mini art form... but I am having tons of FUN!

Now back to my to-do list. I have a little time before the family gets home... so i think I may tackle my craft closet now!
Tomorrow am... going to wake up before the family and write out my monthly resolutions. YEA!

6 comments:

sharon said...

I love your twinchie and how you used it...it's great! See you at Artchix!

Allison said...

Thank you Sharon! It is so much fun! I love the almost instant gratification of the small piece... and the diversity among artists! I will definitely be making more of these charming little treasures!

Love your style as well... think I will stalk your blog... =) See you!

Cindy McMath said...

This is so lovely Allison! Great idea to use for a bookmark too!

Cindy :)

Allison said...

Thank you Cindy! I can't wait to see next week's challenge!

Helga Strauss said...

Love your twinchie bookmark, Allison! Fantastic! Thanks so much for playing in this fun art challenge! : )

Allison said...

Thanks, Helga, for the wonderful ideas and great challenge! Looking forward to the next one!