Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Encouraging Swift!

I've always loved the Swift! They are found a lot in artists' collages... I did a little research and the symbolism of the swallow is very encouraging.
"Swifts were seen as a symbol of good luck. Since they flew close to land then a sailor would know he was close to land once he saw a sparrow flying by the ship. This was a good sign as it meant a safe end to a dangerous journey."
I decided to use this encouraging bird in my newest card...


The stamp is from clear art stamps and the sentiment is Tim Holtz. The paper is Daisy D's. I did some machine sewing on four corners and raised the layer onto a Kraft cardstock which I dry embossed: Fleur De Lis.

I am battling a little cold this week and have been so slow on making cards. Mainly I am in the designing phase and will crank out the final choices soon. Tomorrow we get to play at Stacie's for our monthly meet! I'm hoping to get back to 100% next week.

See you soon!

PS. Good luck, Emily, at the Tech Fair tonight!  YEA!




**Update**

Em and her partner placed 4th in the Design Challenge. It was a great experience for all of us. So proud of the girls for having the courage to get up in front of so many people and try their best in designing a marshmallow launcher! Great  Job GIRLS!

No comments: