Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flutterby Card!

This morning I woke up with a serious sore throat and body aches... so instead of getting right to work (after getting the kids off to school...) I spent an hour knitting and then enjoyed a hot cup of Peppermint Tea. It was only then I was ready to stamp away!
Today I made two different cards. I made some Mother's Day cards with vintage style buttons and then moved onto flitting butterflies!
(SU-Flight of the Butterfly stamp set).The butterfly is a two step stamp where I stamped the background with my favorite pink (pink pirouette - in color for this year) and then using close to cocoa and choc chip, I stamped the outline and dots (using the Stamp-a-majig - check out my site www.stampinwithallison.com for how to use this neat tool!) onto vellum cardstock. Then carefully cut out the vellum, scored the wings to "flap" and adhered the center body onto the pink! This is a very cute and easy way to add POP! to your cards!

Anyway, now it's time for lunch (tuna melts, anyone?) and then have to pick the girls up early for their dentist appts! (wish us luck!).
Hope you have a great day!
See you soon!
Allison

No comments: