Friday, April 15, 2011

sewing... is not usually my thing ~ Nursing Cover Up

Ask anyone who knows me... I love to sew on paper... not so much on fabric. Why? Because, in my opinion, fabric is too stretchy... it moves around sooo much. And sewing on any fabric other than cotton is a nightmare.
But a few days ago I saw my sister and she mentioned wanted a nursing cover up. I had never even seen one in real life, but have heard they exist.

I went online to buy one... and behold... $40. Hmmmmm. Having trouble swallowing that.
So I searched online for a tutorial on how to make one... BINGO!


I found LITTLE BIRDIE SECRETS. Step by step instructions on how to make this project. And so $6 and 2 hours later (please keep in mind sewing is not my forte.. it will take you far less time.) I have a gift for my sister! I hope she finds it handy :)

2 comments:

stacie said...

It looks great! You did a great job. I like how your fabric choices turned out.

Allison said...

Thanks Stacie! I really hope she likes it...! Love the monkeys!