Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting ready for Easter!

Making Easter cards have always been a bit challenging for me. This year I am trying a different angle. Instead of all stamped images, I am using a bit of paper piecing. I have always liked the chick in egg image, so I am using that one this year :)

Here I adhered strips of ribbon to the background and pieced the egg on top of it using dimensionals.
Swarovski crystals detail the sentiment. and the inside is blank for your own personal message.

A couple weeks ago it felt like Spring was fast approaching... but now I'm not sure when winter will end. It's been so cold out... I am thinking ahead to our 60 and 70 degree days... hopefully they will be here soon!

New Easter cards at the stores this week and next...
See you soon!

2 comments:

stacie said...

love the cracked egg! it really is cold today, would have been a good soup day...what were we thinking?

Allison said...

I know. it would've really hit the spot!