Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm not a dessert maker...

BUT.....
Today Stacie invited me to her home for a last fun ladies day (tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids! and they get out early!) and I wanted to bring something special! A dessert... Something that looks and tastes great... however, A BAKER I AM NOT!

I ran across this recipe online at allrecipes.com for STRAWBERRY PIE. We went to the strawberry fields on Sat and picked a bunch of fresh sun ripened berries and I had to do something with them. All you need is pie crust, strawberries, sugar, water and cornstarch. Add whipped cream when serving. You can find the recipe here. WOW! It tastes fresh, sweet and really was a HIT!
(I reduced the sugar to 2/3 a cup instead of the whole cup.)
I can't wait til peaches come in season so i can try the same thing with those fuzzy fruits!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with this recipe. I loved it so much i came home and made a new one for my fam. It is chilling as we speak!
Enjoy!!!

No comments: