Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snowed in!

Yea! A real snow day.

Time for cocoa, jammies and a book - Light in the Attic book (by. S. Silverstein).
This is one of our favorites! We seem to pull it out so often and have read each poem several times. But yet, it seems that we never get sick of them!

One poem that was especially hilarious to us today was "Peckin".
I'm not sure if it's cause we are giddy about the snow, or if we are just plain cabin feverish... but this one made us laugh so hard our guts actually hurt. Not to mention, added many new wrinkles to my face!
If i could find a picture of the illustration, I would definitely add it here... it is half the fun.

Here it is:

PECKIN'

The saddest thing I ever did see,
was a woodpecker peckin' at a plastic tree.
He looks at me and "Friend", says he,
"things ain't as sweet as they used to be."


So as you can see, I didn't get a lot of work done today. In fact... none! But we still had fun and are looking forward to sledding and riding tomorrow!
Stay warm friends!

No comments: