Thursday, July 8, 2010

new birthday cards and a new home!

it feels nice to get back to making cards. sometimes when you are away from it for so long, it's hard to get back in the "groove" of it. Lately I've been noticing how beautiful fabrics are and they feel so cozy. It's nice to try and incorporate them into my papercrafts. Here I used a green scrap I found in my bin. Used permanent ink to stamp on it and sewed it with my machine.
This next card uses a vintage fabric scrap from a friend and the small pieces are perfect for making the houses out of.
And finally I used a quilting idea to use many scraps of designer paper I had to make mini squares and border this image. A little ultrafine glitter in the window really makes it pop!

This birdhouse was one I made as a birthday gift. (Whitney @ the Muse!). I have found that I love collaging on birdhouses and other 3D items. I have decided to make some for the store as well. so stay tuned in the coming weeks for available houses!

So that's it for now. New cards will be available soon on Etsy. Thanks for visiting! See you soon!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Your birdhouses are beautiful!!! And I love the idea of incorporating fabric on cards. I was in the process of making some birthday cards for a few friends so I think I may just steal that idea!