Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our own little BAMBI...!


If I haven't mentioned before... we live among MANY MANY deer! Driving up the street at dusk can sometimes prove challenging - having to wait for deer crossings and the occasional stampede...
I complain, too, about ticks and freshly planted garden plants being ravished in one night...
But they really are beautiful to watch in a distance and I'm happy to be among nature.

This morning we were checking out our regular garden visitors (cardinals, robins, finches, squirrels, chipmunks, a pair of old doves and a bunny...) and noticed something under one of my bushes.
a new baby fawn, just born over night from the looks of it, hiding out waiting for mama to return.
So small... the size of a small cat, and so cute! (that's a bleeding heart plant next to it). I had to take a few pics!
I really hope the mom returns soon. Baby looks tired. We had a whole night of rain and storms. and looks like the sky is darkening again.

Anyway, we are so excited and wanted to share!
Hope you have a great day too!



****UPDATE****
Mama came back for her baby and took it into the woods. Glad I looked outside when I did!

No comments: